It is with great honour and happiness that I announce the arrival of twenty new desks and chairs for the Primary C class at Luurnpa Catholic School in Balgo Hills (and the crowd cheers!) That's right, our classroom has that spanking new furniture smell mingled with increased viewing satisfaction. Gone are the dirty, ugly and mix matched desks of the past. Replacing them are clean, tidy and uniformed tables and chairs that bring somewhat of a relaxed feeling to the room. With the colour scheme now primarily being blue I feel sometimes that I'm swimming in an ocean with quite a few children around me, instead of drowning in chaos with a thousand and one naughty students demanding my attention. The Primary C students took to their new additions very well, arguing over who would get a new desk first and where they would sit. Antonio was heard saying 'WOW!' over and over again while Julian thought it was the best thing since sliced break when the first desk was carted into the room. Full credit to Jenny for picking out such amazing new furniture and Jim, who spent many hours assembling the packages. Fortunately because they weren't purchased from Ikea, all parts were found in the boxes. See for yourself how awesome the new furniture is, I guarantee you won't be disappointed!!
Hello funky new classroom layout!
Gone are the days where the kids would lift up their desk lids to get their books inside and everything would topple down. Pull out trays are SO in!




I just love that “new car smell” so I am sure you feeling the same about the new desks and chairs. How wonderful for you all to have consistency in your furniture instead of feeling like everything is a hand me down. It must be amazing to hear the squeals excitement in the children. At least you know they will appreciate the new look. Well done to Jim for not having any pieces left over… unlike dad with IKEA purchases.
ReplyDelete