Just after the last post, I was called into an impromptu netball match between myself, Ale, Henry, Sophie, Anthony and Mindy. With Balgo refusing to accept that netball is the greater sport, we were forced to play on the much smaller school basketball court with our own chalk lines drawn on to a very different scale. Having played for almost ten years and knowing instinctively where every line is, it was a very tricky court to play on and with only six players the rules were adjusted quite significantly. However, it was a lot of fun. Anthony, Henry and I were victorious with myself in the centre (because I had no hope in the goals against the much taller guys) and Anthony shooting at a very confident 80% while Henry defended with a fierce passion never seen before off the rugby field. When Ale was switched to the centre against me, things got a little nasty as the basketballer didn't understand the contact rule. The worst contact of the game was when Ale ran into Henry's shoulder, his teeth making the contact and drawing blood. It was a very different game of netball but was the taste of the sport I needed as I've been missing it quite a bit lately (I had a few netball dreams last week, seriously need to start playing again!)
This weekend has been rather chilled. I took the chance to relax after the fast pace of the past few and caught up not only on all the TV shows Dad posted up (wow, The Event is pretty good!) and my knitting. Yes, I have taken up knitting, much to the laughter of everyone when we hung out on Friday night and instead of playing Buzz, Sophie and I knitted like old ladies (the worst part is that I need my glasses on to see anything, fail!) The first twenty attempts were rather awful but I was able to get something kind of substantial this morning going. The only problem was that it started with ten stitches and then grew to almost thirty as I unknowingly and accidentally stuffed it up a lot. But it was good practice and I know what not to do next time. Thanks to the care package from my Nonna and Poppy filled with tiny teddies, chocolate and a cake tin, there has been very little need for me to leave my room and it's the type of weekend you've got to have once in a while.
Last night we had a Blue Light Disco which, as always went very well. We had a large number of community members there as well of the kids which was great because we stole our chance to sell cool drinks and popcorn for the Melbourne Trip. The kids as always had a great night with the boys dancing in a much more acceptable manner than the girls, except for Delwyn who cracked us all up with his hilarious impersonation of the girls booty shaking. At one stage, I looked up to see a very tall person with a wolf mask dancing around and when I looked back, he was gone. No-one else around me had seen so I was feeling like my mental health was circling the drain until I was on the dance floor, turned around and Wolf Man was there again. Turns out I wasn't mad, but a few people were enjoying the festivities too much and using it as a way to let their hair down. Still no idea who was in the suit but it was pretty funny!
I'm off to knit some more, and consume something more substantial than tiny teddies and fererro rochers. I really better go to the gym tomorrow!
Justine, Leonie and Chenielle
Celia
Ainsley
Dancing hard
The Limbo!
I'm off to knit some more, and consume something more substantial than tiny teddies and fererro rochers. I really better go to the gym tomorrow!
Your netball game sounded a little too vicious for Mummy’s liking. You tell those boys to behave and not be so rough. How are Ale’s teeth now? It sounds like he could have done some damage to himself as well as Henry’s shoulder.
ReplyDeleteYou are sounding more like a Granny every day with the knitting and baking you are doing. And the fact you blatently admit you need your glasses on to see anything? Come on Stephanie, no girl admits to that. Haven’t I taught you anything?
Who was Wolf Man? I am now very curious. Or were you really going mad? Thanks for the Limbo video. Some of those kids are amazingly flexible. Did you sell much popcorn after your machine meltdown the other day?