We seem to be using every excuse in Primary B to devour a cake between the class, yet another eaten within five minutes this morning. The event this time was a little more sincere, we were saying goodbye to Warwick who had been with us since the beginning of the term and was to be replaced by Kane next week. This time I went from a plain old package cake to one from scratch, making a yummy as chocolate mud cake that was almost as good as Mum’s secret recipe mud cake.
Irvan with the cake and card
Suprise!
Primary B are so spoilt
Then at Mangarri time the staff enjoyed ANOTHER cake made by Adrian for Warwick and Cathy led the school in a lovely farewell blessing in honor of his hard and much appreciated work this term. For me personally, it has been great having my Year 9 English teacher who I very much looked up to at Luurnpa, this time as a colleague and I hope that the La Sallian link between the two schools has increased as a result.
Today’s quirky and ‘exciting at the time’ news was the discovery of Siamese bananas, by Brother Rick. This discovery led him to the belief that it was eBay worthy and worth a lot of money however I just wanted to separate them anticipating a very long operation time. But sadly, the bananas shared a skin and could not be separated so instead I cut them up for Primary A. That’s just one way we entertain ourselves in Balgo; getting excited about Siamese bananas!
Before seperation...
After the botched surgery. I'm going to make such a great doctor :/
We are going to Kununurra tomorrow for the long weekend. School is ending at midday and we’re jetting off soon after that to try and get there not too much after dark. I’m pretty pumped however Sophie and I spent the day trying to convince Brother Rick to take the bus instead of the troupie as we are both expecting a lot of motion sickness and possible vomit on the seven hour journey, three and a half of which is on unsealed road. We tried persuasion from every possible angle but he did not budge, so we’ll have to try harder tomorrow before we go.
Some movie scouts graced our presence today, seeing if any of our kids were suited to a role in a film to be produced soon. It was kind of random but interesting to learn about their way of auditioning; they travel around to many community towns, see if any children are suitable and if so, they require a parent or guardian present at the time of audition. I don’t know the outcome but it would be awesome if a Luurnpa student got the part!
I better go and pack (so unorganized, I know!) but thought I’d update you before the trip. Many Foundation Day long weekends of mine were spent on the annual WA netball carnival that always coincided with the public holiday and they were always miles away, which meant three days straight of early starts on days that really are designed for sleep ins. I don’t know how much sleeping in will happen in Kununurra but at least there are a few more shops, coffee shops, restaurants (woo chicken treat!) and decent pub meals to laze the relaxing days away. To all my WA readers, I hope you enjoy your relaxing and lazy Monday and to those who aren’t fortunate enough to live in this great state, enjoy work/school and Mondayitis next week J





Well done with your cake making Stephanie. You have done yourself proud. From not being able to understand ¾ meant ¾ and not 3-4 cups of bi-carb, I am impressed.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you enjoyed having Mr Connor, or Warwick as you call him, in Balgo. It would have been very different for you, from teacher to colleague.
Bananas! I am so craving bananas. They are so expensive. Dad bought a bag of tiny ones the other day, 8 in the bag, and it cost him $11. It was the first one I have had in such a long time and I enjoyed it so much.
Have a nice drive to Kununurra. Take heaps of Kwells and wear those wristbands. Do heaps, see heaps, eat heaps and enjoy. Tell Brother Rick I said to drive carefully.
Love you more but.
I want a chocolate cake now!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you're still having an awesome time, keep up the great work!