Happy International Woman’s Day J
I was put in charge of the Kindy/Pre Primary/Year One class today and boy were they a handful! I honestly don’t know how Donna, their teacher manages to keep them all in line. But her work is truly inspiring; she treats each and every child like her own and teaches them the best manners and virtues that every child demonstrates in the classroom. I worked with the kindy kids, and they were quite keen to disregard everything I said or tried to get them to do and even when Donna told me to bail to the playdough table, that was still a tricky situation! I felt very special though when I gave each of them their sandwich at Mangarri. Every child said ‘thank you’ or ‘bless you’. It was the cutest thing having four and five year olds bless me!
Neus, a Spanish volunteer teaching the Primary B kids and myself headed over to the Parish house to celebrate International Women’s Day with the women of Balgo. It was a beautiful celebration where I felt very much at home. All the ladies here are so welcoming and caring and it was great to get to know the local people and volunteers in the same area. Some of the ladies did a painting to celebrate the day (photo below) and told the story of what each part meant to them. It will now hang proudly in one of the new buildings and we look forward to many more gatherings like today.
Iva with the painting
Sister Alice and Iva
The cool girls!
Me and Judy




Wow Steph. I just read everything and it sounds amazing. The photos you have taken are also really amazing too.
ReplyDeleteWe all miss you here but i'm glad to hear you are having a good time there. They are lucky to have you :)
ILY xoxoxo
From Courtney
That's my girl, a woman celerating with other women. Awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteSteph - Your blog is fantastic!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's so exciting to be able to read your stories and see those amazing photos. Keep them coming!
Hey jane :) aw that's great im glad you like it. Henry is trying to get his up but i will post pics of him when i take some more.
ReplyDeleteMwah mum!
Miss you like crazy courtney!!"