Monday, March 28, 2011

What do they call a baby Owl?

You know that feeling when your boss pulls you out of class to have 'a word' with you? That sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach when you suspect he knows you've had one too many icy poles from the mangarri room, or noticed you slept in this morning? This morning, that feeling was observed by none other than me. What a joy! Just before lessons started in my class this morning, Brother Rick pulled me and Anthony out of class to 'have a word' with us. This sentence was followed by 'it has come to my attention...'. Great! I was pretty sure I had unknowingly done something insanely bad and was heading home eight months early. The look on his face did not do much to settle my nerves. However, I walked out of the classroom with Ant to find Chloe, one of our Pre Primary kids clutching a small bundle of feathers. I moved closer to discover it was a baby owl! Honestly the cutest thing I have EVER seen! It was so beautiful and fragile, and I was very proud of Chloe was so gentle with the tiny creature. Apparently this isn't the first time she's brought a weird animal to school; last year it was a thorny devil! As Mitch Edwards said when he saw the below picture on my facebook, 'show and tell in the desert is SO much better!!' I totally have to agree with him on that one!

I very much wish Brother Rick had of jumped into the classroom with the most excited look on his face screaming 'a baby owl!' instead of making me feel like I was done for. He's such a stirrer!!

Photo of the week. Pretty sure nothing else can top the cute factor on this one!


4 comments:

  1. Haha aww too cute!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know who is the most adorable; fledging Chloe or the owlet. What a lovely photo. Yes I know I say that about all you photos, but this one is priceless. And your Brother Rick is a cheeky one isn’t he? What a trickster he is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey cass hyphen e. Lol
    I know hey mum. It's all just sooooo cute!! Definitely one of my favs that i've taken so far.
    Cheeky brother rick. So mean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ps. Mum, nice use of words! You extended my vocab by one, ill admit i had to look fledging up!! Too smart :)

    ReplyDelete