Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Oh what a day!

Today was one of those days where the stars were aligned in such a way that it turned all the nice, well behaved children into little demons who ran around the school terrorising the teachers and making life a living nightmare! Every single staff member commented on the difficulty they were having trying to simply control their classes today, and I certainly noticed it in mine. Usually one class in the school mucks up, not the whole of Luurnpa Catholic School; there was definitely something in the water today.

The Share the Mission team had their first staff meeting today! Which may sound completely boring but for three only just graduated former students, being behind the scenes for the first time was quite entertaining. We even made the staff aware of our upcoming Founders Day idea which went down a treat with everyone. We are hoping to take a picture of the school in a Star shape in commemoration of 360 years since the birth of St. John Baptist de La Salle (the star being the focal point of La Sallian ministry around the world) which is apart of a global initiative to show the world the amazing job of La Sallian communities. However we're hoping to make our own little touch by taking the photo in The Pound, a beautiful and culturally significant aspect of the Balgo Hill Community. The date is the 7th of April, so fingers crossed everything goes smoothly and I have an amazing photo to show you that afternoon.

I went to the gym just now to try and run out the hard events of today but only lasted twenty minutes which is really quite sad. A cheese, tomato and ham toastie (because none of us can really be bothered cooking tonight!) and a really early bed time is on the cards! So beat, but so happy. Tomorrow marks two weeks since I arrived here and it's settling in now that I'm here for more than just a two week holiday. But I couldn't be more happy; I absolutley love it here and am going to certianly enjoy the rest of the year. So many people told me, Ale and Henry that it would take ages for us to settle in; months even. However the community is so welcoming, the school is amazing and the kids are the happiest most beautiful children I have ever encountered and we felt right at home straight away. We're really the ultimate team :)

Oh, and 1000 views on the blog today! Me and Henry had a bet that it would click over today and I am so pumped to have won! Really should have put money on that.

3 comments:

  1. You can thank your mother for your blog clicking over to 1000 today. I go into it so much just to see your photo 'cos I miss you so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks mum. And thanks to myself for refreshing 25 times so i could win ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your blog steph! its great keeping up with all thats going on everyday :D and also i miss you heaps! i'll figure out skype on my laptop soon, promise. xox

    ReplyDelete