Friday, March 11, 2011

I've got Friday on my mind!

Fun Friday at school today! For most of the afternoon me and Henry attended to the safety of the kids at the pool and even did a few lessons getting them up to speed with their swimming strokes. However this morning in Primary D, I was put with the two most distracted kids in the whole class, two amazingly gifted boys who just really knew how to test my buttons. It was as if they had gone on a strike; they had three sheets to finish and refused to even touch on the first one. I painstakingly managed to get them started on the fun sheet, after which they slowly but steadily worked through the other two more educational ones until they were done. I was so proud, even more so when I was they rarely ever get through the first sheet. Yay for my awesome teaching skills :)

Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night we play sport with the kids on the gravel oval. For Henry, Alejandro and me, this really means giving the little kids spins or throwing them in the air (they don't generally come to me for either) or passing them the footy so they can get a goal. Last night, even the camel made an appearance! The photos below are just a few pictures of some of the kids from last night. As you will soon see, they really are the cutest kids!


Thomasina, a Primary A student

Some of the kids; they all just jumped in while I was taking a picture of Corryanne

Neus and some of the Primary C and Primary D kids; Carosella, Evander, Kiara and Corryanne

Henry with some of the kids

Cassius with his Frankenstein smile

The camel. It's a really bad picture because it was dark and I am WAY too scared to get close to it, but here is proof that we have a town camel named Jellybean

Evander

The cutest kid you will ever meet. He doesn't really talk and is too young for school but keeps trying to sneak in. He did it this afternoon!


1 comment:

  1. What awesome photos. They are such mischievious looking kids and yet gorgeous at the same time. You will have your hands full with them.

    ReplyDelete